Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have heard that I was thinking about making an apple pie today.  Unfortunately, I did not have all of the ingredients for apple pie, mainly apples, and I had no intention of going to the grocery store hours before the Super Bowl.  The lines would be huge!  It just so happens that I keep pumpkin and pie crusts in my kitchen just in case.

I don't happen to keep condensed milk, however, so it ended up being more like pumpkin jelly or sludge.  It tastes fine, though!


Yummy!  

(That was sarcasm, by the way.)  

One tip I offer is, if you put a cookie sheet under them to catch drippings, you should either place the cookie sheet on the rack underneath the one the pies are on, or you preheat the cookie sheet in the oven before you put the pies on it.  

I just realized I did two pumpkin things in a row.  

2 comments:

Jeremy! said...

T-t-t-t-t-tasty tasty!! If it's jelly like, was it about the consistency of a normal fruit pie filling? You could experiment with that, maybe add a top crust, something like that, IDK.

Also, I <3 Pumpkin things. <3

Unknown said...

I didn't think of that, I suppose it did sort of caramelize or whatever like fruit does in the oven.