Friday, February 11, 2011

Applesauce Biscuits from Baking by Martha Day

This week I made some applesauce biscuits because I love applesauce.  I did not get confused by the measurements this time, but I thought the dough looked a little bit runny when I was dalloping it on the cookie sheet.  Lo and behold, they spread out flat while cooking.  I know it was not because of my oven, I got that fixed.  One thing I can think of is that the applesauce may have been too runny, but it wasn't that bad and I don't think it could have ruined the biscuits so badly.  What I think did it is that the book was written for sea level but I live at about 4,000 feet.  That may not sound like much, but it is a lot when baking.  I'll probably have to modify any recipes I do from that book in the future, especially the cookies and biscuits.

No comments: