Saturday, February 19, 2011

Banana Pecan Muffins from Baking by Martha Day

Based on past experiences with this cookbook, I decided to modify the recipe for my altitude.  To do this I used slightly less flour and baking powder than the recipe required in order to get the muffins to rise more.  They rose a little, but next time I would use even less baking powder.

One thing I keep messing up: I don't look at the recipe much the day leading up to when I cook it, so I don't notice that the butter should be at room temperature until I'm supposed to cream it with something else.  I should get a butter dish because it doesn't hurt to just leave it out, as long as it's not in the sun.

Concerning bananas:  You get the most banana flavor in your baked good if your bananas are already turning brown, just a little bit past ripe.

So, other than being a little flat on the top, my banana nut muffins are pretty tasty!

1 comment:

Jeremy! said...

Sounds tasty! Also, do not leave your butter dish on top of the stove. Centered between the two back burners does LOOK like the perfect spot, but it is just very messy once you make something in the oven.