Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goat Cheese and Broccoli Pizza From Baking by Martha Day

My kitchen is packed with sweets; leftovers of the peach cobbler, Boyfriend made an Italian upside-down apple cake when one of his friends came to dinner, and of course all the Christmas candy you can imagine.  I was craving something a little more savory while I was perusing my recipes, so I chose this pizza for a little change of pace.  It may sound weird but it was delicious, as well as very rich.

Kneading some dough...  

Rolling out the crust

Next time I would add more broccoli to help balance out the richness of the goat cheese.  When you're piling on all the fixins it looks like it will be too tall to be a reasonable pizza, but it settles down in volume while baking, so adding broccoli would be just fine.

Before baking

Tomato sauce, steamed broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, black olives, goat cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella for good measure.  
Coming up next week....
I found a lovely book at Barnes & Noble today which I will be cooking from next week.  I wet my pants a little when I saw it.  I can't wait to look through it some more and pick a recipe out for the next week!

Picture found here

2 comments:

Jeremy! said...

I was so excited when I saw this book! But there's no Butterbeer recipe, so I was pretty darn disappointed. Can't wait to see what you pick to cook, though, and I hope I get to try some recipes myself one day!

Unknown said...

Hey! Cake Wrecks lady's other blog had a link to someone else's blog that had a really good recipe for Butterbeer that she made after she tried it at Universal Studios. I'll have to look it up.