Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies from High Altitude Baking by Patricia Kendall

I browsing through my school's library last week and found their cooking section, yay me!  There are a bunch of books about cooking styles from different regions of the world, instructional books, informational books, all kinds of good stuff.  In their collection there was a book about baking at high altitudes by Patricia Kendall, who works with the department of food science at Colorado State University.  There are a lot of tasty recipes that I want to try in this book, so it's a good thing that I have it for a month.  I'm learning all about what to decrease and what to increase and by how much.

Last night I made chocolate chocolate chip cookies.  The dough is really thick, and when you roll them into balls you get chocolate smudges all over your fingers and it makes one feel like a "real" baker.  If you want the nice big round cookies like you get in a lunch line at school or something, I would make the balls really big because they stay pretty tall and don't mush out sideways very much.  Delicious!  I only wish the dry mountain air wouldn't make them crunchy so fast, I have to eat 2 dozen cookies in 2 days.  What a tragedy!

2 comments:

Jeremy! said...

That's only a cookie a day! Half that, if Boyfriend helps you! You could be on South Beach and still get away with that!

Sounds tasty though!

Unknown said...

Oh, I meant 2 dozen cookies in 2 days, that was poor wording on my part!